Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chicks! Chicks! Chicks!

Hi There!
Just wanted to start a little blog about my new life with chicks! They've been a part of our family for almost 3 weeks now. And just like all the books and magazines say, it's taken just 3 weeks for me to become addicted. I am proud to say that I am a CRAZY chicken lady. I LUV them. I wanted to get this started earlier, but life happens. So, I'm gonna back track a bit. Hope you enjoy the posts; if not, I hope you enjoy the pics of my growing flock! And I will share pics just as soon as I figure out how to put them on the blog!

Day one:
Got the phone call, 'Chicks here on the 4:30 truck' Hooray! I am so excited! On my way to the Post Office, I was worried. Should I have driven my husband's truck...I mean, how big will the box be? Maybe the Jetta is too small to carry 25 balls of fluff?
Of course, those of you who have ordered chicks in the mail know (I didn't) the box they come in is really small...I mean...smaller than a shoe box small. They have to keep each other warm. Snug like a bug. So I put them on the floor of the Jetta and home we went.
I wanted to cuddle and say 'Hello' to each and every one...but what did my husband do? He opened the box, and gently toppled them in to the brooder.
We didn't have to show them the water or even point their little beaks in the food; they seemed to know exactly what to do! And then like any newborn, they laid down and slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment