Thursday, April 12, 2012





Week 4


Bess, Preening




Henny Penny, striking a pose


Bess
Ready To Fly to the Coop!

The coop is almost finished and not a minute too soon. I watched as a few of the ladies were flying high, a little too high and almost out of the pen. And the coop is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to post a picture!
I also realized that I will have to adopt out a few more of the girls. I really can only keep 6-8 chickens. And I have the silkies coming in July....what to do, what to do! I know I will keep Bess and one of speckled sessex....who I haven't named yet. They are the sweetest and really gentle. I'm having some doubts about Boss Barbie aka Ms W aka Butch. She/he is such a bully. Today Boss stuck such a Roo pose...making herself as tall as possible against Fat Head. And Fat Head matched her! So, now I'm wondering, do I have two roos? And I love the Buff Orpingtons! They are so fluffy and soft! Like little chicken pillows! I know I will want some blue/green eggs, so I'll to keep at least one of the amercaunas.


Week 4/ 29days old






No comments:

Post a Comment